- Cousin Kristen McCall toured Northern Ireland recently and sent me some wonderful pictures of the ruins at Clarkstown
. I can imagine Robert & Elizabeth McCall living here with their first child before they made the long journey to Pennsylvania in 1775.
- Two recent discoveries: finally found Clarkstown, County Antrim, Ireland from which Robert McCall and Elizabeth Aiken emigrated to the Colonies on the eve of the War of Independence. Unfortunately there are no extant civil or church records. Also have a fresh lead on Alexander Campbell's line in Scotland. Stay tuned...
- Just returned from a UK trip -- a month in Scotland highlighted by great finds about the MacColls at the Lochaber Highland Archives in Ft. William (and lots of distilleries!) Then a week in Ireland heading west from Dublin to "discover" the McColl Genetic Homeland
where ancestors once farmed.
- Another trip to Franklin County, VA where the McCalls & Greers were neighbors in 1800.
connected our Campbells to the right clan branch in Scotland.August 2014
- Traveled to Clinton County, NY and north into Quebec for Campbell family sites.October 2013
- spent all month exploring and discovering family sites - cemeteries in Rutland, Massachusetts and Gogginsville, Virginia were overgrown and nearly forgotten.