- I'm no longer searching for my Warren line as descendants of Peter Warren of Boston. After years of frustration over the absence of records, DNA has pointed the way to John Warren of Watertown. More...
- Continuing DNA research points to a Jamaica connection for our Campbells. Ancestor Alexander may have been a merchant in Kingston when he received a bequest of land in 1770 and decided to move to Washington County, New York.
- Two recent discoveries: finally found Clarkstown, County Antrim, Ireland from which Robert McCall and Elizabeth Aiken emigrated to the Colonies on the eve of the War of Independence. Unfortunately there are no extant civil or church records. Also have a fresh lead on Alexander Campbell's line in Scotland. Stay tuned...
- Just returned from a UK trip -- a month in Scotland highlighted by great finds about the MacColls at the Lochaber Highland Archives in Ft. William (and lots of distilleries!) Then a week in Ireland heading west from Dublin to "discover" the McColl Genetic Homeland
where ancestors once farmed.
- Another trip to Franklin County, VA where the McCalls & Greers were neighbors in 1800.
connected our Campbells to the right clan branch in Scotland.
- Traveled to Clinton County, NY and north into Quebec for Campbell family sites.
- spent all month exploring and discovering family sites - cemeteries in Rutland, Massachusetts, Gogginsville, Virginia, and Gainesville, Georgia were overgrown and nearly forgotten. But we found them!